Membership Referral Program
Why join the Ottawa Renewable Energy Co-operative?
- The City of Ottawa
- United Counties of Prescott and Russell
- United Counties of Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry
- Lanark County
- Renfrew County
- The United Counties of Leeds and Grenville,
- Frontenac County
- Lennox and Addington County
Membership allows you to invest in OREC’s renewable energy projects by purchasing preference shares and investment notes that are available on a regular basis. Investment is really how the magic happens. All 17 of the Co-operative’s active renewable energy projects are financed by its members and are located in the Eastern Ontario region. Our members and their investments have enabled a lot of positive change in their own communities. We created our first ever Community Impact Report to highlight some of those changes.
By becoming a member today, you will be:
- Making Eastern Ontario more sustainable
- Amplifying your voice through collective action
- Increasing the Co-operative’s influence and reach
- Joining a like-minded community of neighbours, friends, and family
- Supporting local business and institutions by investing in your region’s economy
Our members also gain access to:
- A 10% discount for life at Terra20
- A 15% discount for life on a subscription to the National Observer
- One free month with Bullfrog Power (new customers only)
- Our bi-monthly newsletter chalk full of renewable energy news and local environmental events
- The opportunity to run for a seat on our illustrious Board of Directors or one of the Co-operative’s advisory teams
Interested in joining?
You can submit your membership application online (see below). For those who love writing with ink, download and print our membership application (.pdf). The completed application can be mailed to the address at the bottom of the form.
OREC now offers you the ability to pay for your membership share online using PayPal. There is a $3.30 fee for this option to cover the administrative costs associated with PayPal. Click the Buy Now button to complete the purchase of your membership share online.
Already a member?
Don’t keep all the goodness of the Co-op all to yourself! Members of the Ottawa Renewable Energy Co-operative can take advantage of our Membership Referral Program, and earn amazing rewards and gifts!
Stay tuned for more opportunities with the Ottawa Renewable Energy Co-operative
When regulations enable, the Co-operative may choose to offer renewable electricity credits to members under virtual net metering rules. The Co-operative may then pay patronage dividends to members based on their purchases. Learn more about virtual net-metering here.
Are you a commercial property owner or manager?
See if our energy services are right for you.